In 1914, at the request of the Tuvan people over Uryankhay edge (the former name of Tuva) Russian protectorate was established. In the same year, construction began on the capital of Tuva, originally dubbed Belotsarsk, after the establishment of Soviet power the city was renamed Red or Kyzyl.
Tuva officially became part of Russia (USSR) as a full subject of October 11, 1944.
In August 2011, President of the Russian Federation signed a decree "On the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the unification of Russia and Tuva and the founding of the city of Kyzyl." Program anniversary celebrations provided a large circle of cultural events.
The stamp depicts the State Emblem of the Republic of Tuva, surrounded by national ornament.
For release first day covers with quicklime was prepared (Moscow, Kyzyl).