StampNews.com got information that Russian Post issued a block of stamps dedicated to the Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society. The philatelic release was put into circulation on the 29th of October.
The Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society, founded in 1882, is a scholarly organization for the study of the Middle East. Following the Russian Revolution of 1917, the society was renamed the Russian Palestine Society and attached to the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. Its original name was restored by the society on 22 May 1992.
The society is considered to be Russia's oldest scientific and humanitarian organization.