No matter what type of business, to succeed on Facebook you have to quite literally be likeable.
American Collectors Insurance was
Success on social media hinges on identifying your audience and taking the time to understand what content they find the most interesting, entertaining, or useful – not on offering content that’s self-serving. Offer simple content that gets people talking and engaging with your page and other like-minded fans.
It’s also important to be genuine. For example, American Collectors is a company of collector car enthusiasts and collectibles hobbyists that truly enjoys the content they share. A good rule of thumb is that if you don’t think a piece of content is useful, accurate, or interesting, chances are your fans won’t either. You might share less frequently, but what you do share will be much better quality and your fans will appreciate this.
So, just how did American Collectors get to be one of the most likeable and shareable insurers on Facebook? Here are a few tactics American Collectors continually incorporates into their social media strategy:
- Dedicate the time to curating and creating quality, helpful and entertaining information for fans.
- No sales pitches, marketing jargon or insurance-speak — just great relevant content.
- Incorporate visual content like great photos and fun videos that fans want to share with their friends.
- Pose engaging questions to fans so they can make a comment, share or “like” the post as a response.
- Be responsive to fan engagement, customer service inquiries and fan feedback.
- Join in and start conversations with followers and other organizations in your hobby. It’s a great way to learn, grow, and gather insights. In addition to Facebook, Twitter can be a great place to do this.
To see what American Collectors is doing firsthand, visit them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Also check out their new collectibles blog, Collector Perspectives, for more fun content.