Jersey Post issued a set of six stamps to celebrate the 90 years of the Jersey Motor Transport company (the J.M.T.).
Jersey Motor Transport, as it was universally known, dominated public transport in Jersey for 90 years already. It was launched in 1923 in Jersey's Royal Court with a share capital of £4,500, largely owned by F T Hare and his relatives, owners of Devon Motor Transport Company, and was intended to provide a high quality service to compete with the large number of small operators struggling for business through the 1920s. It's first five buses - dual entrance 30-seater Bristols, were described by a local newspaper as "luxuriously appointed saloon coaches, proof against all weathers, mud or dust".