Turkish Post issued a stamp to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Ankara University Faculty of Dentistry.
Ankara University is a public university in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey. It was the first higher education institution founded in the Turkish Republic.
The university has about 40 vocational programs, 114 undergraduate programs and 110 graduate programs. In total it has about 264 programs.
Ankara University, comprising the Faculty of Law (1925), the Faculty of Language, History and Geography (1935), the Faculty of Science (1943), and the Faculty of Medicine (1945), was established officially in 1946. The University acquired the Faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine which previously belonged to the Institute of Technology for Agriculture. The School of Divinity was founded in 1949 and the Faculty of Political Sciences in 1950, then came the School of Pharmacy in 1960, and in 1963 the School of Dentistry which later became a Faculty in 1977, the Faculty of Educational Sciences in 1965, and the Faculty of Communication in 1965. The Faculty of Forestry and the Health Education Faculty were opened to education in 1996.