Post NL issued a series of stamps celebrating the 100th anniversary of Burger's Zoo. Burgers' Zoo is a 45-hectare (110-acre) zoo in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and is one of the biggest zoos in the country. The zoo is popular with both Dutch and German people, and receives about 1.5 million visitors annually.
The zoo has 8 theme sites:
- Burgers' Dierenpark (the original zoo).
- Burgers' Safari (a safari park).
- Burgers' Bush (1.5-hectare indoor tropical forest).
- Burgers' Mangrove (a mangrove swamp).
- Burgers' Desert (focusing on the Sonoran Desert).
- Burgers' Ocean (8,000,000-litre seawater aquarium duplicating a tropical reef, and is home to living corals, coral fishes, sharks, rays, and other aquatic animals).
- Burgers' Avonturenland (the zoo's playground).
- Burgers' Rimba (the zoo's newest attraction giving visitors an impression of a Southeast Asian rainforest).
- Burgers' Kids Jungle (Indoor playground in the theme of a South-American village).