This stamp is dedicated to the French city of Le Havre.
Annihilated during the World War II Le Havre had been reconstructed from 1945 to 1964. The city Hotel, work of the architects Perret and Tournant, was unveiled in 1958. The construction of 18 stages of tour started in 1954 and the theatre was built in 1967. The garden in the south part of the Hotel place was painted by Perret.