Winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014 stamp by Ceska posta
Czech Republic issued a stamp to celebrate the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014. The stamp features a snowboarder.
The XXII Olympic Winter Games will be held from the 7th to the 23rd of February 2014 in Sochi, Russia. That was decided by the voting members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Guatemala on 5 July 2007. The games will be organized in two locations, in the coastal city of Sochi and the mountain resort of Krasnaya Polyana.
It was announced by President Jacques Rogge of the IOC vote after a long vote.
In the first phase, after approval from their National Olympic Committees, candidate cities had to send the application form and completed questionnaire by 1 February 2006. These included the cities of Sochi (Russia), Salzburg (Austria), Jaca (Spain), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Pyeongchang (South Korea), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Borjomi (Georgia). The three final candidates were selected by the IOC Executive Board on 22 June 2006. On 2 October 2007, the Organizing Committee of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi 2014 was established.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 906
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 771
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 389
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 324
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …