Winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014 stamp by Ceska posta
Czech Republic issued a stamp to celebrate the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014. The stamp features a snowboarder.
The XXII Olympic Winter Games will be held from the 7th to the 23rd of February 2014 in Sochi, Russia. That was decided by the voting members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Guatemala on 5 July 2007. The games will be organized in two locations, in the coastal city of Sochi and the mountain resort of Krasnaya Polyana.
It was announced by President Jacques Rogge of the IOC vote after a long vote.
In the first phase, after approval from their National Olympic Committees, candidate cities had to send the application form and completed questionnaire by 1 February 2006. These included the cities of Sochi (Russia), Salzburg (Austria), Jaca (Spain), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Pyeongchang (South Korea), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Borjomi (Georgia). The three final candidates were selected by the IOC Executive Board on 22 June 2006. On 2 October 2007, the Organizing Committee of the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi 2014 was established.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,430
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,064
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 531
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 451
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?