According to info got by StampNews.com, Russian Post issued a commemorative postage stamp depicting Church of the Ascension. This postage stamp was released and put into circulation on the 5th of September.
Church of the Ascension is considered to be a masterpiece of the world architecture, the first Orthodox stone tent church in Russia. It was built in 1528-1532 by Italian architects on the right bank of the Moskva River in the village of Kolomenskoye. The temple was created as a symbol of the power of the throne of Moscow.
Church of the Ascension of all time in its history underwent several renovations, the last ended in 2007
Even in Soviet times, the church was turned into a complex of the Museum-Reserve "Kolomenskoye", and in 1994 it was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.