Belarusian post has issued a stamp "Belarusian State Puppet Theatre."Fairy gifts" from the series "Theatres of Belarus".
The Belarusian State Puppet Theatre was founded in 1938 as the State Puppet Theatre of BSSR. The theatre was opened in Gomel with the play "Wave of the wand" by L.Tarakhovskaya. In spring 1939 the company for the first time staged the fairy tale of V.Volskiy "Grandfather and the crane" ("Fairy gifts"). In 1950 the theater moved to Minsk. In 2000 the theatre received its present name. In 2008 it was awarded title "The honoured company of the Republic of Belarus."