Pofis post issued a stamp dedicated to the Slovak historic technical monument - Windmill in Holic.
Since time immemorial humans lived in harmony with nature, which provided them with their livelihood, including cereals. They learnt how to use natural forces of water and wind to process them. Wind energy in the Slovak territory was used in its flatter areas that, moreover, were not inundated enough, such as Zahorie and the Eastern Slovak lowlands.
There were more than 5 thousand mills using water energy in the 19th century in Slovakia and more than 20 windmills. One of such mills preserved until today is a Dutch-type windmill in Holic. It is located in the south-eastern part of the city, on the forest's edge above the Theresian granary. The mill was built in the 1880s and was in use until 1926.
The builder of the mill's technology was a joinery master Frantisek Slama from Jevicko.
The Holic mill was continuously deteriorating after its decommissioning, until the local hunting association assumed care of it. The revolving cap was replaced by a metal roof, a stylized sail is sunk into building's external masonry, thus it is not able to turn in the wind's direction.