Stamps in Honour of the 125 Years of the Royal Dutch Swimming Federation
PostNL issued a special set of stamps in honour of the 125th anniversary of the KNZB (Royal Dutch Swimming Federation). Five stamps feature images of recreational and competitive swimmers practicing various swimming disciplines: springboard diving, water polo, synchronized swimming and competitive swimming (depicted in the water and on the starting block). The other five stamps display typical swimming pool scenes such as the effect of a dive, standing on a high diving board and a swimming lesson.
“Movement and liveliness immediately come to mind when I think of a swimming pool. And also fun, the echoing of voices, the ever-changing colours, the stratification that is created by the movement of swimmers in rippling water, the game and the continuous reflection of light on the water and the tiles. These are the emotions that I wanted the design of these KNZB stamps to convey,” says the designer Katja Hillberg from Rotterdam.
As found out StampNews.com, PostNL’s Marketing Manager Arjan Jochems presented the stamps during the World Cup in Eindhoven to ex-swimmer Ada Kok, winner of the gold medal in the women’s 200-metre butterfly at the Olympic Games in Mexico in 1968.
Arjan Jochems was extremely proud to hand over the stamps to Ada Kok: “Not only has she won many medals, but she was also winner of the Sportswoman of the Year Award three times.” Ada considered it a great honour to receive the special stamps. In the presence of many guests, she congratulated the KNZB on its anniversary. “We look back on many beautiful swimming moments and on this fantastic World Cup. The KNZB deserves a warm applause.”
Поделиться в соц. сетях
- 12.09.2016Supermodel Doutzen Kroes commemorated with a new issue by PostNL. Ten extremely pretty and original stamps unveiled - 656
- 06.08.2016Preliminary results of the annual rating “MOST POPULAR STAMPS 2016 BY STAMPNEWS READERS’ OPINION”. You can be the one who will define the winner! - 622
- 22.08.2016A real furor in the philatelic world. Stamp enthusiast from Czech Republic bought world’s most expensive stamps! - 530
- 04.08.2016Marking Olympic history through stamps The unique stamp collection of devoted philatelist França Leite - 441
- 07.11.2016rosie5612: Lovely Christmas Stamp design
- 01.11.2016alex: first really extraordinary stamp this ye …
- 28.10.2016Stewie1980: Ridiculous. The stamps are all the same. …
- 21.10.2016Stewie1980: You know this is satire, right? http:// …
- 16.10.2016alex: SOLD FOR US$1,540 - 15 October auction
- 12.10.2016rosie5612: I love the 2016 Holiday Window stamp tha …
- 01.10.2016rosie5612: it are very nice design of Jack O'Lanter …
- 25.09.2016editor-in-chief: fixed! thank you
- 22.09.2016Stewie1980: A printing run of 180,000 is not limited …
- 10.09.2016ubbu: Very nice stamps!