Christmas 2013 on new stamps from Christmas Island
The Christmas Island Christmas stamp issue takes a colourful approach to the festive season through illustrations of Santa and Christmas Island fauna. The island was named by Captain William Mynors, who sailed past it on 25 December 1643.
Santa has taken to the air, but not in his traditional mode of transport. Here, he rides on the back of a Frigatebird, with a banner streaming out behind him, announcing tidings of the festive season.
In the other design, a Frigatebird and a Red Crab ferry a payload of presents in a hot-air balloon, while Christmas Island can be seen far below in the blue waters of the Indian Ocean. The skies in the minisheet are alive with a menagerie of local inhabitants: Green Turtles, Golden Bosunbirds, Frigatebirds, Abbott’s Boobys, Red Crabs and a Blue Crab.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 910
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 773
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 391
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 325
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …