Edvard Munch 150th Anniversary stamps from Norway
Norwegian Posten issued a set of stamps to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Edvard Munch (1863-1944), Norwegian painter and printmaker whose intensely evocative treatment of psychological themes built upon some of the main tenets of late 19th-century Symbolism and greatly influenced German Expressionism in the early 20th century. One of his most well-known works is The Scream of 1893.
Last year’s sale of The Scream at Sotheby’s in New York for $119.9 million reminded yet again that Edvard Munch is one of the world’s most famous Norwegians.
The stamps feature the following masterpieces of Munch:
Kr 13.00: Detail from Self-portrait in front of the Wall (1926);
Kr 15.00: Detail from The Sick Child (1896);
Kr 17.00: Detail from Madonna (1895);
Kr 20.00: Detail from The Scream (1893);
Kr 20.00 (miniature sheet): The Sun (1911).
- 15.11.2014Lego Toys stamps for EUROPA stamp competition - 419
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 399
- 05.11.2014The block of Jenny inverted stamps was sold for almost 5 million dollars - 360
- 26.11.2014Celebrating Lunar New Year – upcoming stamp series from U.S Post - 313
- 21.01.2015Spirit: No way that Swiss Post regularly issue p …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Funny stamps. It is my favourite childre …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Great stamp. Nelson Mandela will remain …
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)
- 28.10.2014alex: Great, most interesting topic of this ye …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: Well, we finally created the new tag: F …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: magnus_z, yes you are right!
- 27.10.2014hippokampos: Christmas? Really!