Latvian Contemporary Architecture – Dailes Theatre stamp
Latvijas Pasts issued a stamp from the series “Latvian Contemporary Architecture” dedicated to the Dailes Theatre. The Dailes Theatre is an outstanding part of Latvian culture, with a wealth of traditions that date back nearly 80 years.
Initially the Dailes Theatre was housed in a building at Lacplesa street 25, but in 1977 the theatre moved to a purpose-built structure at Brivibas street 75. The construction of the building was a fulfillment of one of the director Eduards Smilgis’ dreams. The building has a main hall with 1,000 seats, a smaller hall with 200 seats, and, since 1998, the Chamber hall with 100 seats. This makes the Dailes Latvia’s largest theatre.
There are 44 actors in the company, although other actors are invited to appear in specific performances. The name of the Dailes theatre is firmly linked to such stars in the Latvian theatrical firmament as director Eduards Smilgis, legendary playwright and poet Rainis, major stage stars Lilita Berzina, Vija Artmane, Harijs Liepins, Eduards Pavuls, and many others.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,352
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 870
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 847
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 579
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas