Latvian Contemporary Architecture – Dailes Theatre stamp
Latvijas Pasts issued a stamp from the series “Latvian Contemporary Architecture” dedicated to the Dailes Theatre. The Dailes Theatre is an outstanding part of Latvian culture, with a wealth of traditions that date back nearly 80 years.
Initially the Dailes Theatre was housed in a building at Lacplesa street 25, but in 1977 the theatre moved to a purpose-built structure at Brivibas street 75. The construction of the building was a fulfillment of one of the director Eduards Smilgis’ dreams. The building has a main hall with 1,000 seats, a smaller hall with 200 seats, and, since 1998, the Chamber hall with 100 seats. This makes the Dailes Latvia’s largest theatre.
There are 44 actors in the company, although other actors are invited to appear in specific performances. The name of the Dailes theatre is firmly linked to such stars in the Latvian theatrical firmament as director Eduards Smilgis, legendary playwright and poet Rainis, major stage stars Lilita Berzina, Vija Artmane, Harijs Liepins, Eduards Pavuls, and many others.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,915
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,325
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 713
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 665
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.