Referendum 2013 stamp from the Falkland Islands
The Falkland post issued a set of stamps to commemorate the upcoming Referendum which will be held in March 2013.
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
The Referendum will be held over two days in order to ensure maximum opportunity for people to vote. The dates have been set as Sunday the 10th and Monday 11th March, 2013.
- 07.03.2016Most popular stamps 2015 by StampNews readers’ opinion - 1,409
- 02.03.2016Presidents on Stamps – remarkable stamp issues to be remembered and collected - 1,268
- 14.12.2015A scandal in the world of philately! Carrick woman accused of stealing and selling stamps worth US$1 million - 716
- 08.02.2016New Zealand Native Glowworms amaze by their beauty. 4 innovative shining stamps released! - 441
- 05.05.2016alex: just purchased
- 22.04.2016alex: 2009 stamp on 2016 FDC - This could be h …
- 20.04.2016alex: nice series!
- 18.04.2016birdstamper: The Shearwaters on these four stamps are …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are “PERSONALIZED” stamps! These a …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: This is a “PERSONALIZED” stamp! It was N …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are "PERSONALIZED" stamps! These a …
- 12.03.2016StampLover: Very detailed and interesting ranking! A …
- 06.03.2016alex: agree!
- 04.03.2016prettyfen: this topic stamps is very few.