Referendum 2013 stamp from the Falkland Islands
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,470
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,122
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 545
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 535
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?