Referendum 2013 stamp from the Falkland Islands
The Falkland post issued a set of stamps to commemorate the upcoming Referendum which will be held in March 2013.
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
The Referendum will be held over two days in order to ensure maximum opportunity for people to vote. The dates have been set as Sunday the 10th and Monday 11th March, 2013.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,449
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,090
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 536
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 460
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?