The Falkland post issued a set of stamps to commemorate the upcoming Referendum which will be held in March 2013.
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
The Referendum will be held over two days in order to ensure maximum opportunity for people to vote. The dates have been set as Sunday the 10th and Monday 11th March, 2013.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 773
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 347
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 340
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 313
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013