Referendum 2013 stamp from the Falkland Islands
The Falkland post issued a set of stamps to commemorate the upcoming Referendum which will be held in March 2013.
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
The Referendum will be held over two days in order to ensure maximum opportunity for people to vote. The dates have been set as Sunday the 10th and Monday 11th March, 2013.
- 15.11.2014Lego Toys stamps for EUROPA stamp competition - 419
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 399
- 05.11.2014The block of Jenny inverted stamps was sold for almost 5 million dollars - 359
- 26.11.2014Celebrating Lunar New Year – upcoming stamp series from U.S Post - 313
- 21.01.2015Spirit: No way that Swiss Post regularly issue p …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Funny stamps. It is my favourite childre …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Great stamp. Nelson Mandela will remain …
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)
- 28.10.2014alex: Great, most interesting topic of this ye …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: Well, we finally created the new tag: F …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: magnus_z, yes you are right!
- 27.10.2014hippokampos: Christmas? Really!