Referendum 2013 stamp from the Falkland Islands
The Falkland post issued a set of stamps to commemorate the upcoming Referendum which will be held in March 2013.
The UN Charter enshrines the right of all people to determine their own future, a principle known as self-determination. In exercising this right, on Tuesday 12th of June 2012 the Falkland Islands Government announced its intension to hold a referendum, in order to enable Falkland Islanders to express their view on the political status of the Falkland Islands. The result will demonstrate in a clear, democratic and incontestable way how the people wish to live their lives.
The question is as follows:
Do you wish the Falkland Islands to retain their current political status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom? Yes or No.
The Referendum will be held over two days in order to ensure maximum opportunity for people to vote. The dates have been set as Sunday the 10th and Monday 11th March, 2013.
- 27.05.2016Slovene lacemaking as the greatest form of art. One Special stamp released by Slovenian Post - 2,387
- 06.08.2016Preliminary results of the annual rating “MOST POPULAR STAMPS 2016 BY STAMPNEWS READERS’ OPINION”. You can be the one who will define the winner! - 554
- 22.08.2016A real furor in the philatelic world. Stamp enthusiast from Czech Republic bought world’s most expensive stamps! - 482
- 12.09.2016Supermodel Doutzen Kroes commemorated with a new issue by PostNL. Ten extremely pretty and original stamps unveiled - 455
- 21.10.2016Stewie1980: You know this is satire, right? http:// …
- 16.10.2016alex: SOLD FOR US$1,540 - 15 October auction
- 12.10.2016rosie5612: I love the 2016 Holiday Window stamp tha …
- 01.10.2016rosie5612: it are very nice design of Jack O'Lanter …
- 25.09.2016editor-in-chief: fixed! thank you
- 22.09.2016Stewie1980: A printing run of 180,000 is not limited …
- 10.09.2016ubbu: Very nice stamps!
- 05.08.2016Brazil Stamps: Today is a happy day for us, opening the …
- 05.08.2016hippokampos: Bonjour Michele, some advice for you. …
- 02.08.2016editor-in-chief: fixed, thank you!