50 Years of Arad stamp from Israel
Israelpost issued a stamp to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the city of Arad.
Arad was found on November 21, 1962 by a group of highly motivated Zionist pioneers who came to the Negev desert from all over Israel to make David Ben Gurion’s vision into a reality. The city overlooks the breathtaking view of the Dead Sea.
Arad is the second pre-planned city in Israel. It was built in the shape of an ellipse, centered on a boulevard housing public and commercial buildings, a shopping mall and a municipal park, with residential areas encircling it. There are currently some 28,000 residents in Arad, who have come from various countries around the world.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,381
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 893
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 881
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 593
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas