50 Years of Arad stamp from Israel
Israelpost issued a stamp to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the city of Arad.
Arad was found on November 21, 1962 by a group of highly motivated Zionist pioneers who came to the Negev desert from all over Israel to make David Ben Gurion’s vision into a reality. The city overlooks the breathtaking view of the Dead Sea.
Arad is the second pre-planned city in Israel. It was built in the shape of an ellipse, centered on a boulevard housing public and commercial buildings, a shopping mall and a municipal park, with residential areas encircling it. There are currently some 28,000 residents in Arad, who have come from various countries around the world.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,920
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,331
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 732
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 665
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.