Israelpost issued a stamp to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the city of Arad.
Arad was found on November 21, 1962 by a group of highly motivated Zionist pioneers who came to the Negev desert from all over Israel to make David Ben Gurion’s vision into a reality. The city overlooks the breathtaking view of the Dead Sea.
Arad is the second pre-planned city in Israel. It was built in the shape of an ellipse, centered on a boulevard housing public and commercial buildings, a shopping mall and a municipal park, with residential areas encircling it. There are currently some 28,000 residents in Arad, who have come from various countries around the world.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 760
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 319
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013