Israelpost issued a stamp raising awareness to the problem of water lack. As Israel is situated in a water-scarce area, on the edge of a “desert belt”, its constant and prolonged need to cope with this lack of water has necessitated increased efficiency and led to the development of technologies, professionalism and excellence which have positioned Israel’s water industry at the forefront of technology, serving as a global example of water management, utilization, reuse and development.
Desalinated water currently constitutes some 40% of all water provided to cities and homes in Israel. In 2014 this figure will increase to over 70% of water used in cities and homes.
The stamp design is based on the 64th Israel Independence Day poster issued by the Center for Public Diplomacy, Ministry of Information and Diaspora, in cooperation with the Israeli Government Advertising Agency.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 758
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 318
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013