Ceska posta issued a stamp to commemorate the 170th anniversary of the birth of Bertha von Suttner (1843-1914).
Baroness Bertha Felicitas Sophie von Suttner was a Czech and Austrian radical pacifist, journalist and novelist. Her novel, “Die Waffen nieder!” (“Lay Down Your Arms!”), published in 1889 was a major success. It became a huge sensation and placed the author among the leading figures of the global peace movement. She played an active role in anti-war events, helped establish the international Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague, Netherlands, defended the rights of women and ethnic minorities. She publicly expressed her disapproval of antisemitism and was elected as the head of the Committee of Organizations for Peace.
In 1875, she shortly became Alfred Nobel
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 763
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 341
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 323
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013