Termitano Carnival stamp from Italy
The Italian post issued a stamp dedicated to the Termitano Carnival which is taking place from Sunday, 3 to Tuesday, 12 of February 2013 in Italy. This festival, the oldest Carnival in Sicily, takes place since 1876. It will be organized by the Municipality of Termini Imerese in collaboration, for the fourth consecutive year, with the agency Feedback Palermo. The event is open with the ceremony of handing over the keys of the city from the mayor of Termini Imerese, Salvatore Burrafato to Nannu ca Nanna, historical masks of Carnival Termitano.
The stamp features a float with typical papier-mache puppets of the Carnival Termitano, the mount San Calogero in the background, and traditional Nannu ca Nanna masks in the upper right corner.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,450
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,090
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 536
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 461
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?