Termitano Carnival stamp from Italy
The Italian post issued a stamp dedicated to the Termitano Carnival which is taking place from Sunday, 3 to Tuesday, 12 of February 2013 in Italy. This festival, the oldest Carnival in Sicily, takes place since 1876. It will be organized by the Municipality of Termini Imerese in collaboration, for the fourth consecutive year, with the agency Feedback Palermo. The event is open with the ceremony of handing over the keys of the city from the mayor of Termini Imerese, Salvatore Burrafato to Nannu ca Nanna, historical masks of Carnival Termitano.
The stamp features a float with typical papier-mache puppets of the Carnival Termitano, the mount San Calogero in the background, and traditional Nannu ca Nanna masks in the upper right corner.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 883
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 710
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 365
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 336
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …