Termitano Carnival stamp from Italy
The Italian post issued a stamp dedicated to the Termitano Carnival which is taking place from Sunday, 3 to Tuesday, 12 of February 2013 in Italy. This festival, the oldest Carnival in Sicily, takes place since 1876. It will be organized by the Municipality of Termini Imerese in collaboration, for the fourth consecutive year, with the agency Feedback Palermo. The event is open with the ceremony of handing over the keys of the city from the mayor of Termini Imerese, Salvatore Burrafato to Nannu ca Nanna, historical masks of Carnival Termitano.
The stamp features a float with typical papier-mache puppets of the Carnival Termitano, the mount San Calogero in the background, and traditional Nannu ca Nanna masks in the upper right corner.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,348
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 870
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 844
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 579
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas