Isle of Man Post Office presents a set of six stamps which feature various commemorative items dating from the Coronation of Queen Victoria through to the present monarch Queen Elizabeth II.
Medals, china or pottery drinking mugs – sometimes badges – were all treasured keepsakes for generations. They were, and remain, remembrances of times when processions, pageants, firework displays, street parties and sports celebrated the Coronation of a new King or Queen. Some could be bought, others were “awarded” to young people to be kept as a reminder of events that were high points in their lives.
Today, aided by the advent of the internet in particular, a huge range of commemorative products are collected and traded the world over. As new technology develops, that range has grown to include computer “apps” and downloaded music and film footage making souvenirs more widely available than ever before.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 777
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 348
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 343
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 335
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013