A Celebration of Coronation commemorative stamps from Isle of Man
Isle of Man Post Office presents a set of six stamps which feature various commemorative items dating from the Coronation of Queen Victoria through to the present monarch Queen Elizabeth II.
Medals, china or pottery drinking mugs – sometimes badges – were all treasured keepsakes for generations. They were, and remain, remembrances of times when processions, pageants, firework displays, street parties and sports celebrated the Coronation of a new King or Queen. Some could be bought, others were “awarded” to young people to be kept as a reminder of events that were high points in their lives.
Today, aided by the advent of the internet in particular, a huge range of commemorative products are collected and traded the world over. As new technology develops, that range has grown to include computer “apps” and downloaded music and film footage making souvenirs more widely available than ever before.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 883
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 710
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 365
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 336
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …