A Celebration of Coronation commemorative stamps from Isle of Man
Isle of Man Post Office presents a set of six stamps which feature various commemorative items dating from the Coronation of Queen Victoria through to the present monarch Queen Elizabeth II.
Medals, china or pottery drinking mugs – sometimes badges – were all treasured keepsakes for generations. They were, and remain, remembrances of times when processions, pageants, firework displays, street parties and sports celebrated the Coronation of a new King or Queen. Some could be bought, others were “awarded” to young people to be kept as a reminder of events that were high points in their lives.
Today, aided by the advent of the internet in particular, a huge range of commemorative products are collected and traded the world over. As new technology develops, that range has grown to include computer “apps” and downloaded music and film footage making souvenirs more widely available than ever before.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,430
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,064
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 531
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 451
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?