The Isle of Man Post Office presented a miniature sheet of stamps to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Snake which is issued to recognize the attendance at the China International Collection Expo to be held in Beijing later this year.
2013 is the year of the black Snake and begins on February 10th, shortly after the new moon in Aquarius, the humanitarian of the zodiac. The Snake is the sixth sign of the Chinese Zodiac, which consists of 12 Animal Signs. It is the most enigmatic, intuitive, introspective, refined and collected of the Animals Signs.
Ancient Chinese wisdom says a Snake in the house is a good omen because it means that your family will not starve.
On the Isle of Man many Chinese inhabitants will be closing their businesses to celebrate this special time of the year. David Cheung, owner of China Town on Douglas Promenade explains what Chinese New Year means to him and his family. “It
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 780
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 359
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 349
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 349
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 26.05.2013 - 30.05.2013TEL AVIV 2013 – Multinational Stamp Exhibition, Tel Aviv – Yafo, Israel
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013