Year of the Snake stamps from Isle of Man
The Isle of Man Post Office presented a miniature sheet of stamps to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Snake which is issued to recognize the attendance at the China International Collection Expo to be held in Beijing later this year.
2013 is the year of the black Snake and begins on February 10th, shortly after the new moon in Aquarius, the humanitarian of the zodiac. The Snake is the sixth sign of the Chinese Zodiac, which consists of 12 Animal Signs. It is the most enigmatic, intuitive, introspective, refined and collected of the Animals Signs.
Ancient Chinese wisdom says a Snake in the house is a good omen because it means that your family will not starve.
On the Isle of Man many Chinese inhabitants will be closing their businesses to celebrate this special time of the year. David Cheung, owner of China Town on Douglas Promenade explains what Chinese New Year means to him and his family. “It
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,924
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,334
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 746
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 667
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.