Year of the Snake stamps from Isle of Man
The Isle of Man Post Office presented a miniature sheet of stamps to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Snake which is issued to recognize the attendance at the China International Collection Expo to be held in Beijing later this year.
2013 is the year of the black Snake and begins on February 10th, shortly after the new moon in Aquarius, the humanitarian of the zodiac. The Snake is the sixth sign of the Chinese Zodiac, which consists of 12 Animal Signs. It is the most enigmatic, intuitive, introspective, refined and collected of the Animals Signs.
Ancient Chinese wisdom says a Snake in the house is a good omen because it means that your family will not starve.
On the Isle of Man many Chinese inhabitants will be closing their businesses to celebrate this special time of the year. David Cheung, owner of China Town on Douglas Promenade explains what Chinese New Year means to him and his family. “It
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 897
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 753
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 383
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 318
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …