Jewish Cultural Heritage – 130 Years of the Great Jewish Temple in Raduati stamps from Romania
On the occasion of the 130th anniversary since the inauguration of the Great Temple in Radauti, Romfilatelia introduces into circulation a postage stamps issue dedicated to this event.
On 18 August 1883, on Emperor Franz Joseph I birthday, the Great Temple was inaugurated in the centre of the town, the first service being held by the one who would be, between 1883 and 1909, the new Chief Rabbi of the town, Yitzhak Kunstadt.
The Temple is a massive building constructed in a Moorish style having two high towers, each ending in a dome, giving the building the aspect of an Orthodox cathedral. The three arcades from the entrance are sustained by four massive columns.
Inside, there are decorations combining the Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque styles. The windows are circular and they end with arcades.
The postage stamps of the issue reproduce the building of the Great Jewish Temple in Radauti, next to Jewish graphic symbols (the Star of David and Menorah).
- 03.02.2015Most popular stamps 2014 by our readers’ opinion - 563
- 15.11.2014Lego Toys stamps for EUROPA stamp competition - 512
- 05.11.2014The block of Jenny inverted stamps was sold for almost 5 million dollars - 491
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 483
- 21.03.2015alex: Peppa the best!!!
- 09.02.2015Julieta Pascanu: We received on behalf of the Italian Fed …
- 09.02.2015alex: USPS Vintage Circus Posters really the b …
- 01.02.2015editor-in-chief: corrected :)
- 21.01.2015Spirit: No way that Swiss Post regularly issue p …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Funny stamps. It is my favourite childre …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Great stamp. Nelson Mandela will remain …
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)