Jewish Cultural Heritage – 130 Years of the Great Jewish Temple in Raduati stamps from Romania
On the occasion of the 130th anniversary since the inauguration of the Great Temple in Radauti, Romfilatelia introduces into circulation a postage stamps issue dedicated to this event.
On 18 August 1883, on Emperor Franz Joseph I birthday, the Great Temple was inaugurated in the centre of the town, the first service being held by the one who would be, between 1883 and 1909, the new Chief Rabbi of the town, Yitzhak Kunstadt.
The Temple is a massive building constructed in a Moorish style having two high towers, each ending in a dome, giving the building the aspect of an Orthodox cathedral. The three arcades from the entrance are sustained by four massive columns.
Inside, there are decorations combining the Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque styles. The windows are circular and they end with arcades.
The postage stamps of the issue reproduce the building of the Great Jewish Temple in Radauti, next to Jewish graphic symbols (the Star of David and Menorah).
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,924
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,336
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 751
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 667
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.