Jewish Cultural Heritage – 130 Years of the Great Jewish Temple in Raduati stamps from Romania
On the occasion of the 130th anniversary since the inauguration of the Great Temple in Radauti, Romfilatelia introduces into circulation a postage stamps issue dedicated to this event.
On 18 August 1883, on Emperor Franz Joseph I birthday, the Great Temple was inaugurated in the centre of the town, the first service being held by the one who would be, between 1883 and 1909, the new Chief Rabbi of the town, Yitzhak Kunstadt.
The Temple is a massive building constructed in a Moorish style having two high towers, each ending in a dome, giving the building the aspect of an Orthodox cathedral. The three arcades from the entrance are sustained by four massive columns.
Inside, there are decorations combining the Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque styles. The windows are circular and they end with arcades.
The postage stamps of the issue reproduce the building of the Great Jewish Temple in Radauti, next to Jewish graphic symbols (the Star of David and Menorah).
- 07.03.2016Most popular stamps 2015 by StampNews readers’ opinion - 1,393
- 02.03.2016Presidents on Stamps – remarkable stamp issues to be remembered and collected - 1,264
- 14.12.2015A scandal in the world of philately! Carrick woman accused of stealing and selling stamps worth US$1 million - 715
- 08.02.2016New Zealand Native Glowworms amaze by their beauty. 4 innovative shining stamps released! - 440
- 05.05.2016alex: just purchased
- 22.04.2016alex: 2009 stamp on 2016 FDC - This could be h …
- 20.04.2016alex: nice series!
- 18.04.2016birdstamper: The Shearwaters on these four stamps are …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are “PERSONALIZED” stamps! These a …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: This is a “PERSONALIZED” stamp! It was N …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are "PERSONALIZED" stamps! These a …
- 12.03.2016StampLover: Very detailed and interesting ranking! A …
- 06.03.2016alex: agree!
- 04.03.2016prettyfen: this topic stamps is very few.