Jewish Cultural Heritage – 130 Years of the Great Jewish Temple in Raduati stamps from Romania
On the occasion of the 130th anniversary since the inauguration of the Great Temple in Radauti, Romfilatelia introduces into circulation a postage stamps issue dedicated to this event.
On 18 August 1883, on Emperor Franz Joseph I birthday, the Great Temple was inaugurated in the centre of the town, the first service being held by the one who would be, between 1883 and 1909, the new Chief Rabbi of the town, Yitzhak Kunstadt.
The Temple is a massive building constructed in a Moorish style having two high towers, each ending in a dome, giving the building the aspect of an Orthodox cathedral. The three arcades from the entrance are sustained by four massive columns.
Inside, there are decorations combining the Moorish, Renaissance and Baroque styles. The windows are circular and they end with arcades.
The postage stamps of the issue reproduce the building of the Great Jewish Temple in Radauti, next to Jewish graphic symbols (the Star of David and Menorah).
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 440
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 370
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 302
- 20.06.2014First World War – the Centenary – in Serbian stamps - 292
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)
- 28.10.2014alex: Great, most interesting topic of this ye …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: Well, we finally created the new tag: F …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: magnus_z, yes you are right!
- 27.10.2014hippokampos: Christmas? Really!
- 27.10.2014magnus_z: 5 scans from http://www.fandom.ru/about_ …
- 26.10.2014Olchik: Family is the most precious that we have …
- 26.10.2014Olchik: These stamps are so cute. I fancy theit …