The post of French Polynesia issued a stamp to commemorate the Year of the Snake.
The Snake is the sixth animal that appears in the order of arrival in the Chinese zodiac, related to the Chinese calendar.
The “Snake” is described as a perfect being. Elegant and seducing, it has a taste for the finest things in life, nightly atmospheres and softly lit settings, which provide peaceful surroundings. But it remains very leery and has a bent for mystery. In Asian countries, it has a fine reputation and is revered for its wisdom and sagacity.
This portrait sums up the Snake
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 979
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 569
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 491
- 28.05.2013The Top 180 countries contributing to philately, by results of the year 2012 - 409
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 05.09.2013 - 07.09.2013SBERATEL / SAMMLER / COLLECTOR and INVESTOR FAIR 2013 in Prague, Czech Republic
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013