Valentine’s Day stamps from Taiwan
Valentine’s Day is becoming increasingly popular among Taiwan’s youths. To continue the Valentine’s Day series, Chunghua Post is issuing another set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet. The motif is a heart-shaped pattern that consists of three roses in full bloom. Every rose constitutes six numbers: 201314, a play on the homonymic relation with the declaration, “my love for you is eternal.”
The design follows:
1. NT$12 stamp: The colorful roses symbolize the sweetness of love. 2. NT$25 stamp: The white roses in reverse type, signifying the sanctity of love. 3. Souvenir sheet (including one NT$12 stamp, and one NT$25 stamp): Two interlocking hearts represent the strong love between lovers, and their commitment to an everlasting union.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,447
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,085
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 536
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 456
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?