Nordic World Ski Championships stamp from Italy
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships have been held in various numbers and types of events since 1925 for men and since 1954 for women. Championship events include nordic skiing’s three disciplines: cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and nordic combined (the latter being a combination sport consisting of both cross-country skiing and ski jumping). Since 1985, the World Championships have been held in odd-numbered years. This year the championship is held in Val di Fiemme, Trentino province, Italy.
The stamp shows, in the background, the outline of the mountains that surround the Val di Fiemme, and a stylized illustration of a number of athletes performing Nordic skiing disciplines such as ski jumping and cross-country skiing; at the top there is the official logo of the Nordic World Ski Championships 2013.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,469
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,118
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 544
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 509
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?