Nordic World Ski Championships stamp from Italy
The Italian Post has issued a regular stamp in the “Lo sport italiano” (Italian Sports) series, dedicated to the Nordic World Ski Championships.
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships have been held in various numbers and types of events since 1925 for men and since 1954 for women. Championship events include nordic skiing’s three disciplines: cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and nordic combined (the latter being a combination sport consisting of both cross-country skiing and ski jumping). Since 1985, the World Championships have been held in odd-numbered years. This year the championship is held in Val di Fiemme, Trentino province, Italy.
The stamp shows, in the background, the outline of the mountains that surround the Val di Fiemme, and a stylized illustration of a number of athletes performing Nordic skiing disciplines such as ski jumping and cross-country skiing; at the top there is the official logo of the Nordic World Ski Championships 2013.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 906
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 771
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 389
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 324
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …