The Italian Post has issued a regular stamp in the “Lo sport italiano” (Italian Sports) series, dedicated to the Nordic World Ski Championships.
The FIS Nordic World Ski Championships have been held in various numbers and types of events since 1925 for men and since 1954 for women. Championship events include nordic skiing’s three disciplines: cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and nordic combined (the latter being a combination sport consisting of both cross-country skiing and ski jumping). Since 1985, the World Championships have been held in odd-numbered years. This year the championship is held in Val di Fiemme, Trentino province, Italy.
The stamp shows, in the background, the outline of the mountains that surround the Val di Fiemme, and a stylized illustration of a number of athletes performing Nordic skiing disciplines such as ski jumping and cross-country skiing; at the top there is the official logo of the Nordic World Ski Championships 2013.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 773
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 348
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 342
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 318
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013