Fauna of Russia. Wild Goats and Rams stamps
The new series Fauna of Russia is dedicated to wild goats and rams widely presented on the territory of the Russian Federation. The largest representative of wild goats is argali, whose length is 120-200 cm, height at the withers 90-120 cm, weight 65-180 kg. Depending on the size and color of the body several sub-types are distinguished. The largest is the Pamir argali mountain sheep, or Marco Polo. Both males and females have long horns, but males’ may be up to 13% of body weight. Argali lives in mountainous areas of the Central Asia and southern Siberia. It is listed in the Red Book of the Russian Federation.
The stamps depict the argali (Ovis ammon), the wild goat (Capra aegagrus), the West Caucasian tur (Capra caucasica), and the snow sheep (Ovis nivicola).
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,915
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,325
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 714
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 665
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.