Stamps to Mark 60 Years of Sri Lanka – Japan Diplomatic Ties
The Philatelic Bureau of Sri Lanka has issued two stamps to mark 60 years of diplomatic relations between Sri Lanka and Japan.
The cancellation of the first stamps took place at Temple Trees in Colombo, under the auspices of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
A stamp in the Rs. 5.00 denomination has a picture of Sri Lanka’s national flower nil manel, or blue water lily. The other stamp with a Rs. 60.00 denomination depicts a sakura, the unofficial national flower of Japan.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 904
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 769
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 388
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 324
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …