Stamps to Mark 60 Years of Sri Lanka – Japan Diplomatic Ties
The cancellation of the first stamps took place at Temple Trees in Colombo, under the auspices of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
A stamp in the Rs. 5.00 denomination has a picture of Sri Lanka’s national flower nil manel, or blue water lily. The other stamp with a Rs. 60.00 denomination depicts a sakura, the unofficial national flower of Japan.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,470
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,120
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 545
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 519
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?