To spotlight the extraordinary diversity of Taiwan’s delicious cuisine, and encourage international gourmands to visit Taiwan for a taste of the island’s culinary delights, Chunghwa Post has planned a series of Signature Taiwan Delicacies Postage Stamps.
The first set of four stamps features delectable home cooked dishes. The designs follow:
1. Gong Bao Chicken: Legend has it that this internationally popular dish was the brainchild of Ding Baozhen, a governor of Sichuan during the reign of Guangxu Emperor of Qing Dynasty. Chicken is the primary ingredient, complemented by peanuts, diced cucumbers, scallion onions, chili pepper and spicy condiments. 2. Mud Crab with Glutinous Rice Cake: This scrumptious dish found its beginning in the Eight Treasure Mud Crab Rice Pudding. The reinvented version is a culinary treat featuring mushrooms, ground pork, dried shrimp and glutinous rice. The luscious, juicy crab meat and the scrumptious, smooth crab roe set off the texture of the glutinous rice cake. 3. Three-Cup Chicken: The chicken is stewed in an earthenware pot, seasoned with rice wine, soy sauce, basil and chili pepper until the sauces are absorbed by the meat to produce a unique, rich aroma. 4. Hakka Stir-Fry: A majority of ingredients used in Hakka dishes comes from dried foods. Stir-frying is a heavily used technique in Hakka dishes, featuring dried squid, fatty pork, and tofu flavored with the five spices. The ingredients are cut into strips and slices, and stir-fried into a savory dish.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 772
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 344
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 334
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 312
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013