Home Cooked Dishes – postage stamps from Taiwan
To spotlight the extraordinary diversity of Taiwan’s delicious cuisine, and encourage international gourmands to visit Taiwan for a taste of the island’s culinary delights, Chunghwa Post has planned a series of Signature Taiwan Delicacies Postage Stamps.
The first set of four stamps features delectable home cooked dishes. The designs follow:
1. Gong Bao Chicken: Legend has it that this internationally popular dish was the brainchild of Ding Baozhen, a governor of Sichuan during the reign of Guangxu Emperor of Qing Dynasty. Chicken is the primary ingredient, complemented by peanuts, diced cucumbers, scallion onions, chili pepper and spicy condiments. 2. Mud Crab with Glutinous Rice Cake: This scrumptious dish found its beginning in the Eight Treasure Mud Crab Rice Pudding. The reinvented version is a culinary treat featuring mushrooms, ground pork, dried shrimp and glutinous rice. The luscious, juicy crab meat and the scrumptious, smooth crab roe set off the texture of the glutinous rice cake. 3. Three-Cup Chicken: The chicken is stewed in an earthenware pot, seasoned with rice wine, soy sauce, basil and chili pepper until the sauces are absorbed by the meat to produce a unique, rich aroma. 4. Hakka Stir-Fry: A majority of ingredients used in Hakka dishes comes from dried foods. Stir-frying is a heavily used technique in Hakka dishes, featuring dried squid, fatty pork, and tofu flavored with the five spices. The ingredients are cut into strips and slices, and stir-fried into a savory dish.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 920
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 785
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 397
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 331
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …