Home Cooked Dishes – postage stamps from Taiwan
To spotlight the extraordinary diversity of Taiwan’s delicious cuisine, and encourage international gourmands to visit Taiwan for a taste of the island’s culinary delights, Chunghwa Post has planned a series of Signature Taiwan Delicacies Postage Stamps.
The first set of four stamps features delectable home cooked dishes. The designs follow:
1. Gong Bao Chicken: Legend has it that this internationally popular dish was the brainchild of Ding Baozhen, a governor of Sichuan during the reign of Guangxu Emperor of Qing Dynasty. Chicken is the primary ingredient, complemented by peanuts, diced cucumbers, scallion onions, chili pepper and spicy condiments. 2. Mud Crab with Glutinous Rice Cake: This scrumptious dish found its beginning in the Eight Treasure Mud Crab Rice Pudding. The reinvented version is a culinary treat featuring mushrooms, ground pork, dried shrimp and glutinous rice. The luscious, juicy crab meat and the scrumptious, smooth crab roe set off the texture of the glutinous rice cake. 3. Three-Cup Chicken: The chicken is stewed in an earthenware pot, seasoned with rice wine, soy sauce, basil and chili pepper until the sauces are absorbed by the meat to produce a unique, rich aroma. 4. Hakka Stir-Fry: A majority of ingredients used in Hakka dishes comes from dried foods. Stir-frying is a heavily used technique in Hakka dishes, featuring dried squid, fatty pork, and tofu flavored with the five spices. The ingredients are cut into strips and slices, and stir-fried into a savory dish.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,339
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 867
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 832
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 572
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas