National Costume stamp from Ljubljana
Posta Slovenije has issued a stamp depicting national costume from Ljubljana by the painter Franz Kurz zum Thurn und Goldenstein. Inspired by the idea of providing a representation of the way people dressed in the Ljubljana suburb of Trnovo, in 1838 Franz Kurz zum Thurn und Goldenstein painted a fisherman, dressed in his Sunday best, and his “spouse”. A reproduction of the painting was published in the Ljubljana newspaper Carniolia in April 1844, with the note that this depicted the dress style of the people of Trnovo of sixty years earlier
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,362
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 872
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 854
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 582
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas