50th Anniversary of the Elysee Treaty joint stamp issue by Germany and France
The joint stamp issue by Germany and France in the beginning of 2013 celebrates 50th anniversary of Franco-German cooperation and the Elysee Treaty.
The “Treaty on Franco-German cooperation”, named Élysée Treaty is a groundbreaking agreement signed on 22 January 1963 by French President Charles de Gaulle and German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer in the Elysée Palace in Paris. The “Joint Declaration on the Franco-German cooperation” proclaimed reconciliation between the two peoples, the close solidarity in matter of security, economic and cultural development, as well as emphasized the important role of youth in consolidating the friendship between the two countries.
50 years after a strong bond of partnership is created between the countries, which has considerably facilitated the arrangements at the level of political decision-making in both countries. In addition to the commitment of the political actors the cooperation reflects mainly the contribution of the two civil societies in the fields of education, culture and youth exchange which was marked of the outstanding importance by the Elysee Treaty.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,924
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,334
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 749
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 667
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.