Grand-Place of Bruges stamp issue by Belgium
In 2011 the Bpost began issuing series of stamps dedicated to the great places of Belgium. After Brussels series in 2011, Bruges was chosen for the second issue in 2012 by its beauty and historical interest. The beautiful sheet of 5 stamps is issued in form of lace napkin with stamps featuring the curiosities of the historic center of Bruges.
Bruges is an outstanding example of a medieval historic settlement, which has maintained its historic fabric as this has evolved over the centuries, and where original Gothic constructions form part of the town’s identity. The Historic Town of Bruges is an outstanding example of the architectural ensemble, illustrating significant stages in the commercial and cultural fields in medieval Europe, of which the public, social, and religious institutions are a living testimony.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 922
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 794
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 398
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 335
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …