In 2011 the Bpost began issuing series of stamps dedicated to the great places of Belgium. After Brussels series in 2011, Bruges was chosen for the second issue in 2012 by its beauty and historical interest. The beautiful sheet of 5 stamps is issued in form of lace napkin with stamps featuring the curiosities of the historic center of Bruges.
Bruges is an outstanding example of a medieval historic settlement, which has maintained its historic fabric as this has evolved over the centuries, and where original Gothic constructions form part of the town’s identity. The Historic Town of Bruges is an outstanding example of the architectural ensemble, illustrating significant stages in the commercial and cultural fields in medieval Europe, of which the public, social, and religious institutions are a living testimony.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 777
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 348
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 344
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 344
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013