Grand-Place of Bruges stamp issue by Belgium
In 2011 the Bpost began issuing series of stamps dedicated to the great places of Belgium. After Brussels series in 2011, Bruges was chosen for the second issue in 2012 by its beauty and historical interest. The beautiful sheet of 5 stamps is issued in form of lace napkin with stamps featuring the curiosities of the historic center of Bruges.
Bruges is an outstanding example of a medieval historic settlement, which has maintained its historic fabric as this has evolved over the centuries, and where original Gothic constructions form part of the town’s identity. The Historic Town of Bruges is an outstanding example of the architectural ensemble, illustrating significant stages in the commercial and cultural fields in medieval Europe, of which the public, social, and religious institutions are a living testimony.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,361
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 872
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 853
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 581
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas