To promote stamp collecting and to spread the stamp culture, Korea Post has annually designated a “philately week” and held Stamp Exhibition during that week. This year, the 2012 Korea Philatelic Exhibition is held from August 9 to 13, 2012. The Exhibition will display 300 stamp exhibits, together with distinctive stamps from around the world such as the world’s first stamp, three-dimensional stamps, cork stamps, silver stamps, etc. Children visitors can participate in “I am a stamp designer, too!” program, wherein they can, in person, design a stamp together with stamp designers.
This year’s Philately Week Special Stamps feature 3 Western paintings and 1 Korean painting among the excellent works of Korea’s modern paintings. “The Back Alley”, work by SEO Dong Jin, regarded as having played a crucial role in the establishment of the modern watercolor, shows the city as a clean water painting; “Namhyangjip” (a house facing south), the work by OH Ji Ho who launched impressionism in a uniquely Korean manner, where the warm spring light fills the canvas; “Tugye” (cockfighting), the work by LEE Joong Seop shows strongly and with tension in an expressionistic way, a fight between two cocks; and “Chodong” (early winter), the work by LEE Sang Beom, that shows both the departure from conceptual landscape painting to a more realistic landscape style, as well as the strong lyricism about the country landscape.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 784
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 375
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 355
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 349
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 26.05.2013 - 30.05.2013TEL AVIV 2013 – Multinational Stamp Exhibition, Tel Aviv – Yafo, Israel
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013