Gaubodenfest stamp from Germany
The German Post has issued a stamp commemorating the 200th anniversary of Gaubodenfest festival in Straubing.
On 12 of October 1812, thousands of people from all over the town of Straubing in Lower Bavaria participated for the first time in the “agricultural festival.” The aim was to improve the backward agriculture in Bavaria and the stimulate peasants to produce more products by awarding their livestock.
During the 19th century the agricultural festivals took place in all the Bavarian administrative districts, getting more and more carnival-like traits. Represented only by the horse racing in the beginning, it was supplemented by shooting competitions, parades, fireworks, lottery, wine and beer sampling, food stalls, shows and rides.
The Straubing agricultural festival became the second largest agricultural festival in Bavaria, which attracts over 1.2 million visitors annually. It is enjoyable thanks to its cozy atmosphere and the nicest people around.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,324
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 865
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 821
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 567
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas