The latest stamps by Jersey Post feature a selection of birds which are classed as ‘threatened’ in Jersey.
Philatelic Product Manager, Mrs Susanne Lowman explains: “This is the sixth and final set of stamps in the ‘Jersey Birdlife’ series. Previous issues featured garden, migrating, song, woodland, and summer visiting birds”.
All of the stamps in the series have been painted by local artist, Nick Parlett. “Nick has painted many other stamp issues for us in the past”, continued Mrs Lowman, “including ‘Sea Shells’ in 2006 and ‘Jersey Conversation’ in 2011, but our Birdlife stamps are always exceptionally popular with stamp collectors; we would also like to thank environmentalist Mike Stentiford MBE, for his guidance with our research.”
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 773
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 345
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 335
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 312
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013