Mesrop Mashtots stamp from Armenia
Armenia has released a stamp marking the 1650th anniversary of the birth of Mesrop Mashtots.
Saint Mesrop Mashtots (361 or 362 – February 17, 440) was an Armenian monk, theologian and linguist. He is best known for having invented the Armenian alphabet, which was a fundamental step in strengthening the Armenian Church, the government of the Armenian Kingdom, and ultimately the bond between the Armenian Kingdom and Armenians living in the Byzantine Empire and the Persian Empire. He is also known for his contribution to inventions of Georgian and Caucasian Albanian alphabets.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,363
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 874
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 861
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 583
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas