USPS stamp to honor Lady Bird Johnson
Lady Bird Johnson, a highly respected and influential woman in American history, will be recognized by the U.S. Postal Service during the year marking the centennial of her birth with a commemorative Forever Stamp. The new stamp honoring Mrs. Johnson – who was married to the 36th President of the United States, Lyndon B. Johnson – will feature her official White House portrait, as well as the artwork of stamps originally issued in the 1960s to encourage planting flowers to beautify America.
“During her lifetime Lady Bird Johnson was recognized for many achievements related to her advocacy for the environment, including the passing of The Highway Beautification Act of 1965,” said Postmaster General and CEO Patrick R. Donahoe. “We’re pleased to join the celebration honoring what would be her 100-year birthday and also to continue to help further her important legacy of creating a more beautiful America.”
The stamps will be issued for sale nationwide this December.
Image: Texas Tribune Photo Illustration by Todd Wiseman
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,375
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 876
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 876
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 585
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas