First individual medallist to feature on 2012 Australian Gold Medallist stamp
After winning Australia’s first individual gold medal of the London 2012 Olympic Games, sailing superstar and five time world champion, Tom Slingsby, will become Australia’s first individual gold medallist to feature on a 2012 Australian Gold Medallist Stamp.
Stamps featuring an image of Slingsby from the gold medal dais in London will be available in participating Australia Post retail outlets from Thursday, 9 August while stocks last.
Australia Post is producing stamps for every Australian gold medallist from the London 2012 Olympic Games, and they are expected to be available in metropolitan Australia Post outlets within 48 hours of each gold medal presentation.
“Our first Gold Medallist stamp for the 2012 London Olympics featured the women’s 4 x 100 freestyle team, and the positive response was fantastic. We are hoping that fans are just as excited to see Tom on our first individual stamp,” said Australia Post Managing Director and CEO, Ahmed Fahour.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,347
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 869
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 838
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 577
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas