USPS honors innovative choreographers
On National Dance Day the U.S. Postal Service paid tribute to four influential choreographers who forever changed the art of dance in this country and around the world: Isadora Duncan, Jose Limon, Katherine Dunham and Bob Fosse.
Designed to look like posters advertising a performance, the colorful stamps capture the art of the individual dance styles. Art director Ethel Kessler designed the stamps using illustrations by James McMullan, widely known for his work for Lincoln Center Theater in New York City.
The U.S. Postal Service has paid tribute to the art of dance five previous times: American Dance (1978, Ballet, Theater, Folk, Modern); American Indian Dances (1996, Fancy Dance, Butterfly Dance, Traditional Dance, Raven Dance, Hoop Dance); Ballet (1998); American Choreographers (2004, Martha Graham, Alvin Ailey, Agnes de Mille, George Balanchine); and Let’s Dance (2005, Merengue, Salsa, Cha Cha, Mambo).
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,343
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 867
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 833
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 575
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas