The recent APEX sale held on July 22nd at Lingfield Park Racecourse (UK) attracted a very impressive 140 room bidders (in addition to just under 400 postal bidders), despite the beautiful weather. The sale produced total realisations of around £330,000 and included some very impressive collections.
Of particular note lot 26, one of the finest foreign collections handled by Apex, in 2 Ideal albums, which fetched £17,255 (est. £10,000 to £12,500). The continued strength of the Chinese market was underlined by lot 201, a quantity of sheets from the 1978 / 1981 period which realised £4046 (est. £500 to £600) and lot 203, an early used collection selling for £3094 (est. £400 to £500).
As ever, the GB section sold well, with some fine items including lot 543, £1 SG 132 o/pt Specimen realising £5652 and lot 741, £1 Orbs IR Official o/pt Specimen fetching £1428.
Commonwealth was particularly strong with lot 771, a used £1 Australian ‘Roo’ fetching £1547, lot 991 Hong Kong 1938 complete set of 23 perforated Specimen selling for £1426. Lot 882 a superb Gibraltar £5 corner marginal fetched £1071 and lot 1053, Swaziland UPU 1/- u/m with ‘C’ of ‘CA’ wmk missing realised £714.
APEX next sale (118) is scheduled for October 4th and this will be a huge 11,000 lot postal auction, the largest, both numerically and in value (with over £600,000 pre-sale estimate), that APEX have ever put together.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 749
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 307
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 301
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013