The German Post has issued a stamp to attract attention to the problem of animal shelters in Germany. The animal shelters are organized by the German Animal Protection Association for direct help to distressed animals. The animal shelters annually give refuge to over 300,000 escaped or abandoned pet animals, as well as animals given for various reasons by their owners. In addition, animal shelters provide regular assistance for injured or orphaned wild animals. In recent years, the shelters also have to constantly take exotics such as snakes, tarantulas and chameleons.
Unfortunately, large part of the duties of animal shelters can be made only through the extensive volunteer support. The animal protection societies as carriers of the animal shelters are used by citizens and partially supported by local companies that provide either direct volunteer help and/or help with donations and contributions to cope with the task.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 773
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 347
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 337
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 313
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013