50th Anniversary of Caloocan City – new Philippine stamp
The Philpost has issued a new stamp dedicated to the city of Caloocan, one of the cities and municipalities that represent the Metro Manila region in the Philippines. It is also known as “Makasaysayang Lungsod” (Historic City). It was the center of activities for the Katipunan, the secret militant society that launched the Philippine Revolution during the Spanish occupation of the Philippines. It was in a house in Caloocan where concealed meetings were held by Andres Bonifacio and his men.
The city’s most celebrated landmark is the monument of Katipunan Supremo Andres Bonifacio, which is featured on the stamp.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,458
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 975
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 630
- 19.08.2013Top 10 most interesting sport-themed stamps 2012 - 547
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas