The Philpost has issued a new stamp dedicated to the city of Caloocan, one of the cities and municipalities that represent the Metro Manila region in the Philippines. It is also known as “Makasaysayang Lungsod” (Historic City). It was the center of activities for the Katipunan, the secret militant society that launched the Philippine Revolution during the Spanish occupation of the Philippines. It was in a house in Caloocan where concealed meetings were held by Andres Bonifacio and his men.
The city’s most celebrated landmark is the monument of Katipunan Supremo Andres Bonifacio, which is featured on the stamp.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 777
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 349
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 349
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 344
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013