Bahamas Diamond Jubilee and Visit of Prince Harry Issue
Her Majesty became Head of the Commonwealth and Queen in 1952 ahead of her Coronation in Westminster Abbey on June 2nd 1953. During her 60 year reign she has become the most widely travelled Head of State in world history.
As a constitutional monarch, The Queen, by convention, is not involved in the day-to-day business of The Bahamas’ Government, but as Sovereign she continues to play important ceremonial and symbolic roles. The Queen’s relationship to The Bahamas is unique. In all her duties, she speaks and acts as Queen of The Bahamas, and not as Queen of the United Kingdom.
In March 2012 Prince Harry visited the Bahamas as part of his Diamond Jubilee tour undertaken on behalf of his grandmother as part of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations.
After arriving in the Bahamas Prince Harry attended a thanksgiving service at Christ Church Cathedral (15c). His Diamond Jubilee medal was displayed alongside his Afghanistan medal on his immaculate white military jacket of his regiment, the Household Cavalry’s Blues and Royals.
Later the same day Prince Harry received a warm welcome as he visited beautiful Harbour Island, Eleuthera which he toured in a golf buggy (50c).
Prince Harry also attended a Youth Rally at the new Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium in Nassau (65c).
Before leaving Prince Harry had the opportunity to inspect members of The Royal Bahamas Defence Force (FDC design).
A recent photograph of Her Majesty the Queen appears on the 70c stamp.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,333
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 867
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 832
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 572
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas