Canadian rowers symbolize Olympic drive, hope
Canada Post, in collaboration with the Canadian Olympic Committee and Rowing Canada Aviron, has unveiled a stamp to honour Canada’s journey on the road to the London 2012 Olympic Games. The stamp highlights the dynamic sport of rowing.
Designed by Kosta Tsetsekas and Mike Savage of Signals Design, and illustrated by Keith Martin, the stamp features a double-scull boat gliding over a sheet of water. The boat appears to create its own wake as it moves, pushing out over the blue edge as if to show it crossing the finish line. The stamp measures 40 mm x 24 mm with 13+ perforations and is printed by Lowe-Martin on Tullis Russell paper using lithography in seven colours. The metallic ink was used to enhance the ripples in the water so it creates the illusion of movement as light plays across the surface of the stamp.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,317
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 864
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 805
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 563
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas