Canada Post, in collaboration with the Canadian Olympic Committee and Rowing Canada Aviron, has unveiled a stamp to honour Canada’s journey on the road to the London 2012 Olympic Games. The stamp highlights the dynamic sport of rowing.
Designed by Kosta Tsetsekas and Mike Savage of Signals Design, and illustrated by Keith Martin, the stamp features a double-scull boat gliding over a sheet of water. The boat appears to create its own wake as it moves, pushing out over the blue edge as if to show it crossing the finish line. The stamp measures 40 mm x 24 mm with 13+ perforations and is printed by Lowe-Martin on Tullis Russell paper using lithography in seven colours. The metallic ink was used to enhance the ripples in the water so it creates the illusion of movement as light plays across the surface of the stamp.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 765
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 342
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 328
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013