The fastest man on two wheels, cycling star Mark Cavendish MBE, will literally come to life on paper thanks to technology featured on a set of stamps being produced by Isle of Man Post Office to celebrate the athlete’s sporting achievements.
A souvenir sheet of the stamps (available from June 30th to coincide with start of Tour de France) will include an “augmented reality” feature, allowing the £1.05 stamp with a special label come to life using an app on a smartphone, tablet screen or other mobile device and will automatically display a video of Cavendish winning the world title in Copenhagen.
The postage stamps include images of the “Manx Missile” winning the 2011 UCI Road World Championships and the Green Jersey in the 2011 Tour de France.
Mark Cavendish said: “I’m proud to feature in this stamp collection and delighted with the images which have been selected. It’s a great honour for me personally, but it’s also a reflection of the widespread interest in cycling now and that’s always great to see.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 758
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 317
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013