The Indian Post has issued two stamp commemorating the 800th annual Urs festival and the Dargah Sharif shrine.
Dargah Sharif is a sufi shrine of sufi saint, Moinuddin Chishti located at Ajmer, Rajasthan, India. The shrine has the grave of the revered saint, Moinuddin Chisti. It is said that the brass candlesticks taken from the Kalika temple after its destruction were given to the Dargah Sharif shrine of Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, a shrine that Akbar vowed to rebuild after his victory.
The annual Urs festival commemorates the death anniversary during the first six days of the Rajab (falls between March and July). During Urs, the Dargah’s main gates, which normally remains closed, are opened for the devotees. In honor of the saint during the Urs, concerts are held reciting Chishti’s own works and others. It attracts a large number of devotees to the shrine.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 776
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 348
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 342
- 21.05.2013US Postmaster General in talks with StampNews.com - 319
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013