800th Urs, Dargah Sharif stamps from India
The Indian Post has issued two stamp commemorating the 800th annual Urs festival and the Dargah Sharif shrine.
Dargah Sharif is a sufi shrine of sufi saint, Moinuddin Chishti located at Ajmer, Rajasthan, India. The shrine has the grave of the revered saint, Moinuddin Chisti. It is said that the brass candlesticks taken from the Kalika temple after its destruction were given to the Dargah Sharif shrine of Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer, a shrine that Akbar vowed to rebuild after his victory.
The annual Urs festival commemorates the death anniversary during the first six days of the Rajab (falls between March and July). During Urs, the Dargah’s main gates, which normally remains closed, are opened for the devotees. In honor of the saint during the Urs, concerts are held reciting Chishti’s own works and others. It attracts a large number of devotees to the shrine.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,376
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 883
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 877
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 586
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas