Europe 2012 stamps from Vatican
“Visit…” is the theme chosen by PostEurop for this year’s European postal stamps issue. The choice of this wide-ranging theme gives members of the postal association full freedom in interpreting it, whether looking at topics such as travel for tourism or culture, among the many possibilities.
The images chosen by the Vatican Philatelic Office for this stamp issue include the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica, symbol of Christianity and destination of religious and cultural pilgrimage for millions of people. Another image is the dove in the window above the Altar of the Chair in St. Peter’s Basilica, a masterful work by Bernini symbolizing the Holy Spirit.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,386
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 902
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 882
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 596
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas