Guernsey Stamps has released commemorative stamps to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Dickens, who was born in Portsmouth on 7 February 1812.
The six stamps depict some of George Cruikshank’s original illustrations for Oliver Twist. Considered to be one of the greatest illustrators of his time, Cruikshank was one of the artists with whom Dickens personally collaborated.
Dawn Gallienne, head of philatelic at Guernsey Post, said: “We are delighted to be able to use George Cruikshank’s original illustrations from Oliver Twist to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Dickens, who remains one of the most celebrated authors of all time.”
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 751
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 308
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 301
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013