Guernsey Post Commemorates the birth of Charles Dickens
Guernsey Stamps has released commemorative stamps to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Dickens, who was born in Portsmouth on 7 February 1812.
The six stamps depict some of George Cruikshank’s original illustrations for Oliver Twist. Considered to be one of the greatest illustrators of his time, Cruikshank was one of the artists with whom Dickens personally collaborated.
Dawn Gallienne, head of philatelic at Guernsey Post, said: “We are delighted to be able to use George Cruikshank’s original illustrations from Oliver Twist to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Dickens, who remains one of the most celebrated authors of all time.”
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,358
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 872
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 850
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 580
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas