Iceland Post’s Olympic stamp
The 2012 Olympics take place in London, England, from 27 July to 12 August 2012. London will become the first city to officially host the modern Olympic Games three times, having previously done so in 1908 and in 1948. The majority of venues will be divided across London and use will be made of some partially new and temporary venues and structures. The stated goal is not to leave “white elephants”, i.e. large structures that no one will be using after the Games.
The Olympic Stadium and the Olympic Village will be situated in Stratford East London where the expropriation of older buildings, which might be demolished, has sparked controversy. The Olympic Stadium is designed to accommodate 80,000 visitors for the opening and closing celebrations of the Games. It will then be converted into a 25,000 seat sports stadium. Certain sports, such as sailing, will take place outside London. The soccer tournaments will be played on famous soccer fields in Scotland and England.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,380
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 891
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 878
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 589
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas