Croatian post Ltd. Mostar (Bosnia and Herzegovina) has issued two postage stamps in se-tenant, postmark and first day cover to commemorate middle age towns – Blagaj and Visoko.
The old town Blagaj, locally known as Stjepangrad, is located near Mostar above the spring river of Buna and since 2003 it has been added to the list of National Monuments of B&H. Its construction is attributed to the powerful noble Count Stjepan Vukcic Kosaca, the founder and master of Herzegovina. It was built at the foremost of high, inaccessible karst from which all roads of Neretva and Buna valley could be monitored. The oldest data of Blagaj are dating from 1417 when two leaders Hranic and Pavlovic were in war. However, the Blagaj fort is best known as the centre of the land Hum and as residence of Kosaca, from where he run the country, signed charters and received ambassadors.
The middle age town Visoko was built on Visocice hill, above the valley where the modern town of Visoki is located. In 2004 it was declared as the national monument of B&H. At the end of 12th century, during the reign of Kulin Ban, the Visoko valley was the political and cultural centre of medieval Bosnian state. The most important places, along with the old Town Visoko, are its suburb and commercial centre Podvisoki, the crowning place of the Bosnian kings Mile, the sub town of Bosnian kings Moštre and Biskupici in which the church was located, built by the Kulin Ban.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 765
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 341
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 323
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013